Manage Your Arthritis
Managing your arthritis will allow you to take control of your condition and is essential to improving your quality of life.
This section will provide ideas that can help you manage your arthritis including:
- Keeping a healthy body weight
- Managing fatigue
- Getting active
- Dealing with emotional changes
- Eating a healthy diet
Tips for managing your arthritis effectively
- Accept that for now arthritis is part of your life
- Learn to listen to your body
- Keep a health diary to learn what makes your arthritis worse or better
- Set realistic goals and develop an action plan
- Get support from your health care team, family and friends
Sometimes treatments such as medication and physiotherapy are not enough to manage your arthritis pain and problems with day-to-day function. Your doctor may refer you to a surgeon to see if an operation (surgery) is right for you. Learn more about surgery for arthritis.