Education We Offer
4-Day Skills Workshop – April 23 – 26, 2018
If you have not already done so, we encourage you to attend our 4-day workshop, “Assessment and Management of Rheumatic Diseases: A Skills Workshop for Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Nurses.”
Previous year’s attendees had this to say about the workshop:
- “Very informative. So many things will be useful across many conditions”
- “Great course – practical and useful”
- “It was great having the opportunity to practice skills and have hands-on learning time”
- “Thorough, well planned, informative & organized course for new rheumatology allied health providers”
- “Really enjoyed this course and it was extraordinarily helpful in regards to my new nursing position in rheumatology”
- “So much critical & invaluable information. Wonderful – fascinating content. This is a vast field with much information. Will require time & learning still to put all into practice”
The next workshop is scheduled for April 23 – 26, 2018. The deadline for registration is Friday, March 23, 2018.
Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Rehab: An Advanced Skills Workshop for Physical Therapists – May 12 -13, 2018
This workshop was first offered last autumn. Due to overwhelming demand, the workshop is being re-offered. The workshop combines the latest research with extensive clinical experience to provide you with skills you can directly use with your TJA clients. This workshop is ideal for therapists working in private or public practice settings.
Previous workshop attendees had this to say:
- “Great, knowledgeable instructors, inspiring”
- “Comprehensive course from pre-hab, surgical approaches, to post-op care”
- “Great balance of theory and practical”
The workshop is scheduled for May 12 – 13, 2018. The early bird registration is Friday, March 30th and the final registration deadline is Friday, April 20th. The workshop brochure and registration can be accessed through the links below.
Arthritis Continuing Education (ACE) program membership is available to physical therapists, occupational therapists, and nurses in British Columbia who have an interest in rheumatic diseases and/or work with people who live with arthritis.
ACE members have access to:
- MPAP Education Day – a day of presentations held annually in Vancouver in the late spring. ACE members living outside the Lower Mainland can access this education through a remote videoconference connection.
- Arthritis Clinical Exchange – a regularly scheduled telephone discussion on a variety of clinical topics centered around recent literature of interest to all ACE members.
- Arthritis Clinical Link Newsletter – published twice yearly, this newsletter provides news, clinical tips, and resources in the field of arthritis and its management.
- Clinical Consultation – therapists and clinicians at MPAP provide telephone consultation and advice relating to the management of your patients with arthritis. For occupational therapy consultation please contact 604.875.4111 ext. 68815 or 68816. For physical therapy consultation please contact 604.875.4111 ext. 68840. And for nursing consultation please contact 604.875.4111 ext. 68857.
- Professional Resources – educational materials are available, such as patient handouts, educational videos, as well as treatment approaches used at the Mary Pack Arthritis Program.
If you have questions about the ACE program or would like to become a member, please contact 604.875.4111 ext. 68830.