Medical Guidelines & Protocols
Provincial Guidelines & Protocols
In B.C., medical guidelines and protocols are developed under the direction of the Guidelines and Protocols Advisory Committee (GPAC), jointly sponsored by the B.C. Medical Association and the Ministry of Health.
Guidelines of interest for practitioners working with patients with arthritis include:
- Osteoarthritis in Peripheral Joints – Diagnosis and Treatment (currently not available on Ministry of Health website)
- Antinuclear Antibody (ANA) Testing for Connective Tissue Disease
- Bone Density Measurement in Women
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – Diagnosis and Management
These guidelines can be obtained by visiting the Ministry of Health website.