All sites are open while following public health protocols for COVID-19.
If you have been referred to our program for treatment (such as physiotherapy, occupational therapy, social work), we will contact you to discuss your needs and treatment options. We offer services in-person and using virtual health (e.g., Zoom, FaceTime).
If you have access to a computer or a smart phone and are interested in attending our virtual education classes please call 250 598 2277 ext 0 during regular business hours.
We provide services to people with:
- All types of inflammatory arthritisInflammatory arthritis is a term used to describe a group of conditions which affect your immune system. This means that your body’s defense system starts attacking your own tissues instead of germs, viruses and other foreign substances, which can cause pain, stiffness and joint damage. They’re also known as autoimmune diseases. The three most common forms of inflammatory arthritis are rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis..
- Systemic Autoimmune Rheumatic Disease (SARD)
- Complex osteoarthritis
How to get referred – is there a cost?
Clients need a doctor’s referral to access all therapy services. Visits are covered by the BC Medical Services plan (MSP).
Click HERE for the referral form
The Mary Pack Arthritis Program has a variety of healthcare providers who can help you learn how to self-manage and treat arthritis including:
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Registered Nurse
- Social Work Counsellor
Click Who Do I Need to See to learn more about the roles of each team member.
We also offer education classes to help you learn about the different kinds of arthritis and management techniques. Classes are free, and no referral is needed. Family members are welcome to attend these sessions.
Click here for Jan – Jun 2024 class schedule and information on how to register.
Additional Support Groups
Click Here for January to December 2024 Vancouver Island Inflammatory Arthritis and SARD Support Group.
Other programs & services
The following require a referral from a rheumatologist:
- Children’s Program – Our multidisciplinary team, including a paediatric rheumatologist, provides treatment, counselling, education, and community follow-up services for families with a child or adolescent with arthritis.
- Vasculitis Clinic – A weekly physician and nursing-led clinic that provides consulting services and patient education for assessing and managing vasculitis.
- Telehealth Clinics: Consultation with a rheumatologist located in Vancouver is available via telehealth for patients with the following diagnoses:
- Pregnancy and rheumatic diseases
We do not provide services for:
- Most types of soft tissue conditionsSoft tissue conditions include a range of conditions such as tennis elbow, carpal tunnel syndrome, bursitis, tendonitis, frozen shoulder, trigger finger, plantar fasciitis, etc. or mechanical back pain when there is no confirmed diagnosis of arthritis.
- Osteoporosis if it is not related to inflammatory arthritis
- Chronic pain conditions not related to arthritis, such as fibromyalgia
- Rehabilitation for total joint replacements that are not related to inflammatory arthritis
- Patients with open ICBC or WorkSafe BC claims
Click HERE to find out about alternate services to meet these needs.
Appointments are in high demand. Please provide us with 24 hours’ notice if you can no longer make your appointment. Two non-attendances (i.e., cancelling with less than 24 hours’ notice) may result in discharge from treatment.
To cancel, please call 250-598-2277 within regular business hours.
Mary Pack Arthritis Program at the Victoria Arthritis Centre
2680 Richmond Road, Victoria, BC V8R 4S9
Phone: 250-598-2277 Fax: 250-598-1900
Our building is wheelchair accessible.
Hours of Operation
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Thursday 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
Closed on weekends and statutory holidays.
Parking: Free Parking with two handicapped spots.
Public transit: We are on the No. 8 and 14 bus routes.
Visit: https://www.bctransit.com/victoria/schedules-and-maps to find public transit options